Friday, October 23, 2009

And for my next project....

I had lunch with Meryl today. She was in Long Branch taking care of some business with her mom who is getting ready to head to Florida for the winter. I promised her that I would post up these pictures; two examples of holiday cards my friend Cariellen did for me over the years. She does the photography, and then we generally brainstorm the theme of the card. We did things differently this year; we had an impromptu Facebook chat....like 10 minutes, and in those ten minutes we agreed upon a time, wardrobe, a theme and a concept. Every year I say this is the best year ever (my kid happens to be extremely photogenic, and Cariellen happens to be a genius behind a lens) but this year, really, I do believe, will be our best year yet.

The above was my favorite for a very long time. Cari really captured the essence of David. We modeled the photos on a Gap ad. Inside is a Haiku that I wrote.



This one fast became my all time favorite! It was our first time shooting in Cari's new studio. She and David spent about 15 minutes together. Cari does these as a favor to me, so we never have long elaborate sessions. We work with what she can get in the limited time we have together.

If anyone is interested in looking at Cari's work, or perhaps engaging her for your holiday shoot, check out her website at www.cariellen.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment