Monday, October 19, 2009

As I wait for my words to come...

Several of us made an entire weekend of the reunion. Lisa Wagner and Marion Schwartz, Larry Zarra, Ann Lubell, Matt Wolf and his wife Sharon, and Fran and I. Peter Biedermann and his wife Joanna were supposed to be with us, but Peter's dad had been unwell the weeks prior to the reunion, and Peter had to cancel at the last minute to be with him.

We went to dinner Friday night (the Wolf's were not with us, but Al DiBiase did meet up with us) at Biaggio's, a local Italian restaurant. We caught up with each other, had fun, then went back to the hotel. The night was beautiful and we were able to sit outside at the Tiki Bar. We said our good nights about 11:30 or so. Fran and I were sharing a room, and stayed up til the wee hours chatting. It was like any of a number of sleepovers we shared in 8th grade!



The next morning we met for coffee in the lobby (there are pictures of that on Snapfish but I am exercising my editorial rights and not posting no-makeup photos on my blog!) then some of us went for a walk on the Long Branch boardwalk. Later, we met up for another walk to Pier Village, and had lunch at It's Greek to Me. After lunch we headed back to the hotel lobby, where we awaited the arrival of the Saturday gang. Fran and I invited everyone who was assembled in the lobby back to our room (612) for pre-reunion cocktails. Apparently, we had a group back to our room after the reunion for some post-reunion festivities. I have the pictures to prove I was there.






No comments:

Post a Comment