Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Another day, another Blob post...

A couple of edits: Pomerantz wasn't referring to the saluting scout photo when he suggested I was blind, but instead to the one of the baby in the buggy. So..the baby in the buggy, definitely Ira Weinstock, and we're stll not certain about the scout next to Al.

Click here for the Born to Run video. You'll see Paul at about 1:35 in.

So I had an email from my dad this morning. He said that he and Elena loved my 'blob', but they wanted to make it clear that they did not meet at a Jewish Singles Site. No...it wasn't a Jewish Singles Site, it was a Jewish Window of Introduction (huh?)and Elena was interested in meeting people who had knowledge of computers and a sense of humor. It was the first time on that 'window' for each of them. Got it? Not a Jewish Singles Site.

I talked to my brother earlier today. Some of you may remember Jack, although he didn't go to Union Avenue. He graduated from Florence Avenue and started high school the first year I was at Union Avenue. Anyway, as you'd expect, we were talking about dad, and during our conversation, I mentioned the reunion. He said to me, I know this is gonna be out there, but was Paul Pomerantz in the front row at Springsteen last week. As it happens, I had only, like 15 minutes earlier had an email from Pomerantz. There's that magic again. So, I emailed Paul back and asked him, and sure enough, it was him. Um...how do you spell magic? According to Paul, there's Youtube video out there (September 30, Born to Run) where you can actually see him.

Some follow up to Al DiBiase's photos: In the birthday party photo, next to Al, in the back. Could that be Steve Schulz? The saluting scout photo? The one I asked if perhaps it was Pomerantz next to Al? Here's Paul's reply to me: "Are you blind! That is definitely Ira on the right. It looks exactly like him." But I don't think so. Still. And we've already confirmed that the Boub in the picnic table photo is Bill.

Paul sent some photos, with instructions for me to get them up, pronto! So, Paul...here ya go;


From the left (back row): Ira Weinstock, Lonnie Horwitz, Sherry Hurewitz, Paul's cousin, Howard Jaffe, Fern Ehrlich, me and Louie Baldwin. In the front, Peggy Davis, Steven Kornfeld, Paul, Mark Engel, Marla Potsdam, Eliot Fried

From the left, Fern, Peggy, Marla, Paul, me, Sherry

Steven Kornfeld, Paul and Mark Engel.


Any idea who the second baby is? Paul is in the carriage on the left. Look at the face of the other baby.... he looks just like he did in my dream.


1 comment: