Monday, June 29, 2009

So we found Joey Correia; can Ira Weinstock be far behind?

This has been an absolutely perfect weekend from my little patch of sand on Pompano Beach in Manasquan. One of the many perks of my job at Monmouth (and believe me, there have to be perks because I work for almost minimum wage!) is that we get every other Friday off in the summer. Up until this past Friday, it's rained not just on my Fridays off, but on every Friday since Summer Fridays began. This weekend made up for all of that! And I had the foresight to take today (Monday) off as well!

Contributing to my perfect weekend was finally connecting with Joey Correia. First, I must say, he's as handsome today as I remember him. I forgot to ask him if I could post up a photo he sent, so for now,you'll just have to take my word for it. Joey is married, and living in Texas with his wife and 10 year old daughter. Both he and his wife are flight attendants for Continental, so hopefully things will work out with scheduling, and he'll be able to attend. He told me that he definitely would like to, but can't commit until he gets his schedule the month before the reunion.

There've been a few other people on my radar this week. I had an update about Steven Kornfeld, from Joey as a matter of fact, but haven't followed up on it yet. I'll be very disappointed if I don't get a chance to at least speak with Steven. Have I mentioned here yet that he and I car pooled to Union County College (freshman year...I started as a nursing student...whatever was I thinking??) during the first gasoline shortage? Remember even-odd gas lines? I guess I was even and he was odd. Or perhaps the other way. Anyway, I do hope to be in touch with him.

I haven't dreamt about Ira Weinstock lately, but I do think I have the right snail mail address. Hopefully you'll see some news about him here soon.

I had a back and forth with Jack Riberio, and expect to be getting his check any day. Still waiting on Bill Boub, but I talked to him today and he insists he's coming. I emailed Ira Lager, but haven't heard back. Same with Fred Teskin. Yes, Fred is definite, but I haven't spoken to him at all, and I'm looking forward to hearing about his past 40 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment