Friday, June 12, 2009

It's been a busy reunion week!

By now, if I have your contact information, you've gotten the most recent update. I know we're still 4 months out, but time really does have a way of passing quickly; and the older we get, the faster time seems to go. Anyone watch Real Housewives? Jill Zarin's mother (RHNY) said it so succinctly.....I turn around it's Rosh Hashanah....I turn around it's Passover. Here we are just a few weeks from Fourth of July, and it seems as though we just celebrated Memorial Day.

I've connected with several Union Avenue Alumni this week. Meryl Miller is in Israel, but I was still able to IM with her briefly. Louie called Tuesday night. I chatted with Michael Maenza several times this week, on the phone and via text. Marla. Fran. Lonnie. Emailed with Mark Engel. Got Gloria's check and was able to move both she and Louie into the confirmed group. You already know about the Ira Weinstock dream. No update there. So far no one's found him for me. I spoke to Florine Korbman. She'd like to be with us for the reunion, but just can't commit yet.

But the surprise of my week was a lovely phone call tonight from LISA WAGNER! Lisa is living in Union, and she explained to me that this was the first of all the mailings that we've sent that actually made it to her. I was so happy to hear that both she and Marion Schwartz are coming! They've decided to stay at Ocean Place, and are checking in on Friday night. So, several of us (Fran, Ann Lubell, Lisa, Marion and I) will be doing SOMETHING on Friday night. Feel free to crash our party. Marion's birthday is Friday, October 9th. I believe I've mentioned that mine is Sunday, October 11th? Remember that we have only a limited bank of rooms at OP at the price mentioned below. Please don't get shut out. If you plan to stay, call and book your room now.

Lisa has heard from Bill Boub....and is going to try to connect with him, and she had only just recently run into Janice Rozga, and so was able to give me enough information to track her down. Tomorrow, the most recent mailing is going out to her. Oh, and Lisa is actually a PAID MEMBER of Classmates, so I've tasked her with trying to find some of the other alumni who've been hard to find. Joey Correia was at the top of that list. But there's still Ira Weinstock!

Please take a moment to review the roster below, and if you can help us to either move the fence sitters off the fence, or find someone who we still haven't found....please do. Anyone know whatever happened to Peggy Davis? Very early on in this process, Michael Austin found me a Peggy Davis in Irvington, and insisted I call her. Needless to say, it wasn't our Peggy. She's still on the unaccounted for list.

Oh, one last thing! When I talked to Michael Maenza he asked if anyone had photos from the last reunion. I do, and I had them out the weekend that Fran was here, but my husband is notorious for "straightening up" and he hasn't a clue where they are. If anyone has photos, can you please either a) scan them and send them to me, or b) make me a copy set and I'll scan them or c) send me your originals, I'll make a copy set, scan them, post them, and send them back.

1 comment:

  1. I thought Lewis Lee Died. Ask Mike Ringler?

    ReplyDelete