Saturday, May 2, 2009

How this all started

A few months ago, I was on Facebook, and ran into some of our old Union Avenue friends. We realized that it was the 40th anniversary of our 8th grade graduation, and someone, I'm not even positive any longer, who, suggested that we have a reunion. I contacted a few classmates, starting with Fran Cowan, who had helped Jeff Komrower organize the last reunion, and Michael Austin who made a cameo appearance on Facebook then disappeared, and voila.....the reunion committee was born.



I believe it was Michael who suggested that it would be simple. Just pick a date, pick a place, and let people know. And that's how this whole thing started.



As for blogging about it, not everyone has taken the Facebook plunge. There's a group on F/B, and you can get to it here, but this may be a better option for keeping people up to date on the status.

1 comment:

  1. I just re-read this, and I know how it started: We were chatting on Facebook, and you said you wished we were having a reunion. I said, if you want one, organize it! The rest is history.

    ReplyDelete