Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Greetings from Cherry Grove...

I didn't expect to be blogging this week. I'm on vacation. I'm not getting mail. I truly didn't anticipate any reunion activity. But I called home today for messages and had a very pleasant surprise!

I've tried to reach John Ficula on several occasions. I'd originally gotten a mailing address for him from Howard Jaffe, and then later, a phone number for him from Bill Boub. I'd about given up hope of hearing from him, and had planned to move him to the "not attending" category, where, by the way, I believe Howard Jaffe is going. But Saturday, he left a message on my home phone, apologizing for not getting back to me sooner, and also, asking that I move him to the "hopes to attend but can't make a commitment yet" category. John explained that he travels extensively for his job, and doesn't know yet where he'll be then.

I can't remember anything else that John said...I was at dinner with my family and our friends (Kathy and Tommy, and their daughter Jesse, who, like David is adopted from Korea. We met when we were waiting for our babies to travel home, and have been friends since), and since John's message was like 16 on the machine, it'll have to wait til I get home to replay it. Check the roster, though....I'm moving John. I'm going to hold off on Howard until I hear from him directly that he's not coming.

Once again, I have to thank my husband for his indulgence. As I said, we were at dinner while I was checking messages and thinking about reunion stuff, and I was distracted by my bb. I ordered in haste, and made the absolutely wrong decision. Mike noticed that I wasn't happy with my dinner, and halfway through he changed plates with me.

Now that's what I call a happy ending!

No comments:

Post a Comment