Friday, July 24, 2009

And the prize for distance travelled goes to....

Larry Zarra...coming from Texas! I had an email from Larry earlier this week! It seems that the 4oth anniversary celebration of the moon landing stirred other folks' memories, as well as my own. While Larry is a bit fuzzy on the details, Fran remembers sharing the event with Larry and his family during the summer of '69. Apparently, something Fran, or I, or Michael said struck a nerve with Larry, because he's decided that "The more I think about the reunion, the more I realized that I just have to be there." That seems to be the prevailing feeling among the people I talk to.

I haven't given up totally yet on some of our other out-of-towners. Joey (Texas)still doesn't have his schedule for October, Shelley Rosenbloom (Minnesota) isn't a flat out no, I keep hoping Tad Boub (Southern California...sure winner if he comes!) responds to an email, and we haven't heard from Sherry Hurewitz (Georgia?) in a while. So Larry...enjoy your current status, but be prepared to step aside!

Other news for the week: I made another sneaky roster change earlier this week. Two actually. After receiving an email from Paul Goldenberg, I moved him into the "plans to attend" group, and I'd moved Larry yesterday, as soon as I got the aforementioned email. I anticipate receiving both checks this week, but my feet will be buried in Myrtle Beach sand, so I won't be able to confirm them until next weekend! ;=)

No comments:

Post a Comment