Thursday, July 2, 2009

And the hits just keep coming....

The Fourth of July weekend started early for me...(thank you, WS)....and I was able to avoid a good deal of the Benny traffic. Mike was at the beach when I got home and David was still at camp, so I got the mail. I LOVE mail. I think it's an amazing thing that you can put 44 cents on an envelope and send it anywhere in the United States, and have it get there! I, for one, am not in support of the Post Office cutting back on delivery days. As electronically connected as I am, I still love snail mail. Please...do not invite me for Thanksgiving Dinner on an evite! YUCK!

But I digress.

To date, I haven't really had that many real surprises as regards this reunion. Well, no, I take it back. The Peter Biedermann thing was a surprise from start to finish, and there's actually more to the Peter Biedermann story. And I suppose the reaction from most everyone to the very thought of a 40 year reunion was surprising. And reconnecting with old friends and connecting with people I missed the first time around has been surprising and a whole lot of fun! So, okay...there've been lots of surprises surrounding this event. But today, when I got my mail, I was totally and completely blind-sided!

Waiting was an envelope from Fern Ehrlich Vitale! I am so very happy to say that Fern and her husband Lou are coming to the reunion, and they have already made their reservations at Ocean Place for both Friday and Saturday nights. The total surprise was that neither Fran, nor Michael, nor I had been able to connect with Fern, so none of us knew that she was coming. I had a mailing address (as I said...bless the US Mail!) but I wasn't certain that the mailings were getting to her. The phone number I have isn't correct, so Fern, if you're reading this, please please call me! I'd love to chat!

Also waiting in the mail was a check from Peter, so he will officially be moved to the Definite column! (I will also correct the spelling of his name everywhere I have it wrong!) Peter will be staying Friday and Saturday nights, so although the voting indicated that the majority of you don't want a planned event for Friday night, there are enough of us who do that I've started working on it. More on that as we get closer to the event. Peter also sent Fran and I copies of his CD! That was the other big surprise. I'll certainly thank him privately, but hey, Peter...thanks so much!

On another note, the bank of rooms that we had on reserve at Ocean Place are officially booked. I confirmed with the hotel that they will still honor the quoted rate, but please remember, that is based totally on hotel occupancy. If they get to that magic number, they will no longer honor the rate. I really encourage you to book a room if you're even thinking that you might want to stay. You can always cancel it!

No comments:

Post a Comment