Tuesday, July 7, 2009

4th of July, continued

If you were to look up "Perfect 4th of July Weekend" in the dictionary, I'm quite certain you'd have found mine.

The highlights: Fran...the weather (well, except for Friday afternoon when we had to run off the beach like a bunch of bennies in the pouring rain)....the beach...Michael Maenza....some bottles of white, some bottles of red...fireworks...the boardwalk. A typical Jersey shore holiday weekend!

I'm continually amazed at all this reconnecting. I haven't seen Michael in 40 years, but Saturday night, it was like it was just yesterday. He's still incredibly attractive, still has that twinkle in his eye, can definitely melt hearts, just like in the old days. We had such a good time! We played a bit of Jewish Geography as my Mike and Mike M started comparing notes and found that they had several friends in common. As a matter of fact, as I'm typing this, I'm texting phone numbers to Mike M. Mike J happened to mention to yet another friend (Mindy) about meeting Mike M and the friend they had in common (Tommy), and in that magical way that seems to be surrounding this reunion, that friend (Mindy) ran into the other friend (Tommy) today, and of course Tommy wants to hear from Mike M, so passed his phone number through Mike J. Did you get that? If you didn't get the whole thing, remember this one word: Magic.


Speaking of magic, from the moment Fran re-entered my life, there has been magic brewing between her and David. I guess just like most of the boys in the UAS class of '69, David has been totally smitten with Fran. In his lucky case, the feeling is most definitely mutual. David will do ANYTHING Fran asks him to do, and even does stuff she doesn't ask him to do. Thursday night, with Fran arriving the next day, David was already asking me if he could make up her room. If only I could bottle it for use when she's not here! Fran has already claimed a candle on David's Bar Mitzvah Cake, and he has eagerly acquiesed.

Oh, one of the other bits of magic that occurred during Fran's visit; Last time she was here, Michael found my pictures from the 30th reunion. Since then, they became misplaced. I do believe I might even have accused Michael of doing the misplacing. (Michael is a chronic neat freak. My house is spotless. You can eat off of any surface. If I outlive Michael, I'll sleep with the vacuum cleaner for company. However....don't dare open a cabinet. He's a shover!) In any case, Fran and I tore my office apart and we found the photos and they were right where I left them! Later this week, I'll get a few up.

Check the roster below. I'm making a few more changes. Michael Maenza and Bill Boub are both moving to the definite list. And Bill may have a lead on Doris Jones and Peggy Davis, so keep watching for updates on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment