Monday, August 3, 2009

I'd rather be blogging...

Just back from vacation. I should be paying bills. But I quickly sorted out the reunion stuff from the pile of bills, so I could post an update.

While I was away I got Larry Zarra's check and a lovely note from him! He'll be staying Friday and Saturday nights, so the party Friday night just got a little bigger. Still no definite plans...but we'll keep everyone posted once we have them. Suffice it to say, we'll be doing something.

I made yet another appeal to Steven Kornfeld. Still nothing back from him, so if anyone who follows this blog has a way of being in touch with him, please do it.

Several people have indicated their interest in attending, but aren't yet able to make a commitment, and that's okay for now. Final numbers and payment need to be presented to Charlie's the last week of September. We won't be equipped to handle money the night of the event, so please.....if you're coming....get your check to me.

We've also had several inquiries from folks who didn't graduate with us; either other graduating years, or other graduating grammar schools. While we very much appreciate the interest our event has garnered, the Committee met and unanimously agreed that this particular event is strictly for the Union Avenue Class of '69. For those of you interested in reconnecting, perhaps consider coming to the brunch on Sunday morning at Ocean Place?

No comments:

Post a Comment