Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day

The first time he did it, I was surprised.  Mother's Day mail, and I found a card from David.  His return address, his name signed in a scribbled hand.  It arrived on the same day the card from my dad did.  I smiled at the card; at the thought.


Every year thereafter, and every special event, my birthday, Valentine's day, Mother's Day, Father's Day, there'd be two cards waiting; one from David, and always, received on the same day, the one from my dad.

Dad missed Mother's Day this year.  He wasn't well enough to get out for cards.  He called to wish me well.  And the only card from David was the one on the kitchen table.

Yesterday, I went to the mailbox, and there were two cards waiting for Michael....one from David and one from my Dad.

Happy Father's Day to all the Dad's in my life, but especially to MY Dad.


No comments:

Post a Comment